Rogers Hometown Hockey Coming To Edmonton This Weekend
March 29, 2022 (Edmonton, Alberta) – Rogers Hometown Hockey presented by Hyundai and Desjardins is heading to Edmonton from April 1-4. Celebrating the cherished hockey memories, heroes and legacies that connect us, Canada’s ultimate hockey festival will be at the ICE District Plaza this weekend to shine the national spotlight on this passionate hockey community.
Starting Friday, April 1, the special three-day free, fan-favourite festival will feature hockey-themed activities, local vendors, live entertainment and Oilers alumni, culminating in a viewing party on Monday night for the pre-game show with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on Sportsnet.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival & Broadcast Details:
Festival Location: ICE District Plaza – 10340 102 Street NW, Edmonton, AB
- Friday, April 1 – Festival open from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. local
- Saturday, April 2 – Festival open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local
- Sunday, April 3 – Festival open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local
- Monday, April 4 – Rogers Hometown Hockey viewing party starts at 4:30 p.m. local through to the end of the broadcast
- Edmonton Oilers alumni Craig MacTavish, Fernando Pisani, Jason Chimera and Raffi Torres will be meeting fans and signing autographs throughout the weekend at the Rogers Hometown Hockey festival.
Broadcast & Viewing Party Details
- Hosts – Ron MacLean and Tara Slone
- Game Matchup – Toronto Maple Leafs @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 5:30 p.m. MT / 7:30 p.m. ET on Sportsnet and SN NOW
- Enhanced health and safety protocols to be in effect during broadcast and viewing party
- Sobey’s Hometown Heroes – The incredible story of Devin Buffalo’s journey is narrated by two-time Stanley Cup winner Jordan Nolan. Buffalo grew up playing hockey in Maskwacis and faced many challenges as an indigenous goaltender, but he faced this adversity head-on which sparked a great NCAA career. Buffalo then changed gears from being a star on the ice, to a star in his community where he is a youth mentor and well on his way to becoming a lawyer, where he plans to put his education to use to empower his community and become a voice for change.
Health and Safety Protocols: Rogers Hometown Hockey festivities will take place in compliance with provincial health and safety guidelines. Enhanced measures will be implemented during Monday’s viewing party. All details regarding health and safety protocols are available here.
Tickets: Hockey fans in Edmonton and the surrounding areas can now register for free tickets to the three-day festival and viewing party here.
Interview Opportunities: Hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone are available to discuss the Rogers Hometown Hockey stop in Edmontonon Friday, April 1. Please submit interview requests in advance to email@example.com.
- Rogers Larger than Life Hockey Exhibits – Come together over Canada’s game with safe and interactive augmented reality NHL experiences. Plus, visit the Team Rogers zone to meet your favourite NHL Alumni and sign up for your chance to Get Drafted to receive $150 towards your child’s hockey league fees.
- Hyundai Drives Hockey – Stop by the Hyundai display on-site to take part in the Hyundai Stickhandling Challenge. Also, get the opportunity to test drive and tour six Hyundai vehicles and learn more about how Hyundai is made for those who drive hockey. Fans can also enter for their chance to win on-site giveaways and weekend prizes. Exclusive to the Rogers Hometown Hockey stop in Edmonton, Coach Jeremy joins the Hyundai team to meet with fans and run drills for kids in attendance!
- Desjardins Ball Hockey Rink – The family-friendly outdoor hockey space will be home ‘ice’ for the weekend as local minor hockey teams hit the tarmac to show off their skills and celebrate the game all Canadians love. On Sunday, teams will compete for the Desjardins Community Cup and the chance to win $3,000 courtesy of Desjardins, to be donated to their favourite non-profit organization or charity.
- SN NOW Shooting Accuracy Games – Race against the clock to snipe as many targets as possible before time runs out! Sportsnet invites players of all ages to show off their hockey skills and see how they stack up to NHL stars and alumni.
- The Hockey Circus Show – You’re invited to see the only hockey circus show in the world, featuring acrobatics, juggling and one-of-a-kind stunts in three periods of ‘arena’-rocking fun!
- Sobeys Grocery Games – Join Sobeys up on stage as the Sobeys Grocery Games are a fun, interactive competition to win Sobeys gift cards. Fans will compete to pull items from a designated grocery list out of their grocery cart, in order to fill their basket in a set amount of time.
- Playmobil Kids Zone – Take your chance to face-off against family and friends with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. Also, bring your hockey stick to the Playmobil tent to ‘Trick Your Stick’ with unique items and put your own twist on how you play the game. Think you’ve got an extensive hockey vocabulary? Playmobil’s on-stage Word Play game will test out your skills as well!
- Harvey’s – Enjoy a complimentary Harvey’s Burger and beverage on-site and check out the on-stage Harvey’s Great Can-EH-dian Trivia feature to win great prizes! Harvey’s will be accepting donations throughout the weekend which will be raised for local minor hockey in your community.
- ORIJEN Pup Parade – Locally made ORIJEN® pet food is proud to be partnering with Rogers Hometown Hockey to celebrate hockey in Edmonton! Located outside Rogers Place with the Edmonton Humane Society, fans are invited to stop by the ORIJEN tent to participate in games, giveaways and win prizes. Plus, don’t miss the chance to see the dogs of Edmonton strut their stuff in the Puppy Parade Saturday & Sunday. All pets welcome!
- Integra Tire & Auto Centres: The Tire Trap – Stop by and attempt to defeat the neutral zone “trap” by completing a pass through a set of 4 Pirelli Tires to score giveaway prizes. Plus, all visiting drivers will get a chance to win a brand-new set of Pirelli Tires!
- Live Local Entertainment – Catch live music throughout the weekend with Olivia Rose performing on Saturday and FKB performing on Sunday.
Social Media Links
Like Rogers Hometown Hockey Facebook.com/RogersHometownHockey
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Twitter @HometownHockey
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Instagram @HometownHockey
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Ron MacLean @RonMacLeanHTH
Follow Tara Slone @TaraSlone
RHTH Tour Page: https://hometownhockey.com/tourstops/edmonton
Rogers Place Event Page: http://rogersplace.com/hometownhockey
ICE District Event Page: http://icedistrict.com/hometownhockey
Ted Rogers Community Grant: Islamic Family & Social Services Association (IFSAA)
As Rogers Hometown Hockey arrives in Edmonton, we are pleased to celebrate the Islamic Family & Social Services Association (IFSAA), a 2021 Ted Rogers Community Grants recipient. These grants – one of Rogers’ signature social impact programs supporting youth – are awarded to organizations across the country that are making a meaningful difference in the lives of thousands of young Canadians. Funding supports educational, mentorship, job skills, and leadership programs that are helping youth achieve their highest potential. Rogers will be doing a cheque presentation on stage with IFSSA for $10,000 to support their Youth Mentorship Program. This program provides a robust mentorship program to youth from underserved communities. In addition to the mentorship program, IFSSA is a leading social services organization which provides a wide range of social services including food services, mental health counselling and refugee support. In recognition of its ongoing dedication to strengthening communities coast-to-coast, IFSAA joins hundreds of Canadian organizations who have been awarded a Ted Rogers Community Grant since the program started in 2017.
About the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Hyundai and Desjardins
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour shines the national spotlight on communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages. The celebrations culminate Monday night with an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast on Sportsnet and SN NOW, with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone hosting live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. For more information on the tour, please follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About ICE District
ICE District is the largest mixed-use sports and entertainment district in Canada and is projecting an energy and feeling unlike anything Edmonton has seen before. ICE District is delivering a new era of entertainment in the form of epic concerts, heart-stopping NHL and WHL hockey and world-class gaming, boutique shopping, trendy dining and more. A humming public plaza with year-round programming will host events from festivals to public skating. All of this, just steps from sophisticated residences and premium office space. Rogers Place was developed by Oilers Entertainment Group and the City of Edmonton. ICE District Properties, a mixed-use development surrounding Rogers Place and Ford Hall, is being developed through a joint venture between Katz Group and ONE Properties. This is ICE District. Live, Work, Play, Stay. Learn more at icedistrict.com.
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, SN NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open presented by Rogers, FIBA, WWE, IndyCar, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.
Rogers is a leading Canadian technology and media company that provides world-class communications services and entertainment to consumers and businesses on our award-winning networks. Our founder, Ted Rogers, purchased his first radio station, CHFI, in 1960. Today, we are dedicated to providing industry-leading wireless, cable, sports, and media to millions of customers across Canada. Our shares are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For more information, please visit: www.rogers.com or https://investors.rogers.com/.